Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New Format of Essay

I am happy to be moving on into a new format of essay. I found that doing compare/contrast essays could get a little too formulaic at times and therefore I think the format of my essays got to be rather stale. I'm excited that the DBQ allows us some more freedom to work with the documents and interpret them in the ways we wish. However, I'm also a little confused as to the possibilities we have. I found that the football documents used to explain the format of the essay really muddled the mixture as they were so contradictory and did not aid in developing a unified thesis. However, it is a bit easier in my opinion to work with the actual historical documents we recieved for use in our first DBQ as they work together more effectively to determine a viable thesis that can be used.

No comments: